jueves, 5 de junio de 2014

The Fabulous Seville & Cordoba Spain

I really enjoyed my trip the Seville and Cordoba Spain!  The cities were absolutely beautiful; and not just that, there was lots of rich and exciting history in these places.  

I highly enjoyed the trip that we took to the different religious facilities.  I loved hearing about the diaspora of the Christian, Muslim, and Jewish religion.  It was interesting to learn how each of these religions, at one point, were able to worship in the same facility together - separate of course, but within the same building.  However, that didn't last.  Nevertheless, we were able to see the beauty of these old and very historic religious places that were visited by many European "heroes" and/or historic figures such as Christopher Columbus and St. Peter. 














When comparing this city to Granada, I realize that many places in Spain have lots of history.  I wish that the United States had more historic monuments like Spain.  I believe that the United States does itself a disservice by constantly trying to remodel buildings etc.  I appreciate how Spain continues to hold on to those things that are secret to its people - especially in world that favors change, newness, and fads, yet to some extent, despises tradition. 










I also thought is was very interesting that Seville had so many carriages.  I don't see them very much in Granada.  Granada is filled with buses, small trolleys, and lots of motorcycles, but I rarely see horse rides.  I think the reason may be because Seville and Cordoba are more like touristic cities.  Nevertheless, I absolutely loved their beautiful horses.





I also saw a Starbucks in Seville!  I was shocked because I didn't realize that Starbucks was international!  I also loved the idea of getting an American cup of coffee.  I said to myself, "DANG!  Why don't they have these in Granada?"  The coffee in Spain hasn't seemed to hit the spot for me yet.  People keep telling me to try different coffee in Spain but everyone that I've tasted so far has been an epic fail - okay, not that bad.  I'm just spoiled by Starbucks.  It kinda sucks that I didn't get one - I really wanted to, but I'm on a fast from American foods while I'm here in Granada lolol.  



Another thing that I found interesting about Granada is its structure, as compared to Seville.  Seville and Cordoba seem a lot more flat than Granada.  I honestly believe that Granada is much more beautiful than these other cities, mainly because of its mountains and beautiful view!  While we were in Seville, for example, we were able to go high on one of the balconies of the cathedrals and look down at the city.  The view as beautiful but it looked extremely flat as well.  However, there was a HUGE RANDOM building that seemed to overlook the rest of the city.  It looked a little bad to me, but you be the judge. 



From the pictures I'm sure you can see that I had a FABULOUS time in Seville, Spain.  The buildings were beautiful and there were SO many people there - mostly tourist of course. I believe it is for this reason that  Seville and Granada are unique - they draw people from all over to come and observe the greatness of its historic monuments and beautiful landscape.  I am grateful to have had the opportunity to be one of the many people who were able to visit these places; and I am even MORE grateful to have spent this moment with some very COOL people from the University Of Michigan!!!  Go Blue!













  


















Both of these cities were not only 

1 comentario:

  1. Great idea on passing on the 'American food'. We have plenty of opportunities to eat it when we are back in the States. Nice pics of the trip.

    ResponderEliminar