lunes, 2 de junio de 2014

Mi Barrio

Hola!

In this entry I will share a series of photos of the area that I live and explain what each on shows. I do not know what many of the shops are because I have not been to many of them, but I will do my best. Nonetheless, it will be invigorating and highly educational.

This is a photo of the street that I live on, Madreselva. It consists of many three story homes and two apartment buildings.

 This is a photo of one of the two cafes in close vicinity to my home. I have not been to either and cannot speak for their quality but they seem to be very busy in the early afternoons and late evenings.
 This is another photo of the cafe above along with the street that it is one. It has a pharmacy and an eye doctor on it as well as a handful of other stores. they all sit in the shadow of a rather unsightly apartment complex. This street is rarely busy, but I am no expert because I rarely venture down it.
 This is a photo of large intersection at the end of the above street. There are more of the large unsightly apartment buildings all around it. I think that the street I live on is much more pretty, due to the gardens many people keep in front of their homes.
 This is a long plaza-ish walk way. On the right side is homes. On the left a handful of small shops I have never been to. I know that past those shops is a supermarket, some sports stores, and one fo the few places in Granada that serves a refreshing variety of beer. However, these are not in the same neighborhood as me so I do not have pictures.
 This is another photo of the street over form me. It shows in better detail the beautiful gardens and homes around me.
 Here is the second cafe in my neighborhood. On hot days it is quite busy, it serves ice cream. I will probably stop by it one of these days, as it also sells pastries and I have a weakness for them.
 This picture also highlights the pretty houses and gardens in my neighborhood. In addition it shows the unsightly apartment buildings in contrast to them. I think that the contrast is nice.

 Here is a view of the neighborhood form the top of my host families home. One of my favorite aspects of the house is the terrace they have instead of a roof. At night I enjoy coming up here and listening to the sounds of the city.
This is a photo of the front door to my house. It has three stories with one being the terrace above. It is very roomy and reminds me of my home in Ann Arbor.
Finally here is my bedroom. As you can see I have already decorated it in my favorite colors and drawings! It also has a small room with a desk that you can see at the back. I am eternally grateful to my host family for their generosity and openness.

That is all for now.

1 comentario:

  1. Cool - like the pics! You live in a 'unique' area of the city and one that is becoming the norm for many in Spain w/ wider streets, more need of having a car, and fewer bars and cafes.

    ResponderEliminar