domingo, 15 de junio de 2014

COMIDA-YUM

We all say our grandma cooks the best food (and yes, my grandma cooks the BEST italian food) My host mom, Pilar, is a grandmother and her love and cooking reminds me of the affection and food my grandma at home gives to me. My Spanish host mom definitely cooks the best food I've eaten in Spain. She says I eat too little (even when I have several servings of food) and cooks everything from scratch (just like my grandma!) - this next blog assignment is about the food my señora cooks.

My professor gave us specific questions to ask our señora (in Spanish, of course!) - I will be typing a rough translation

Where?  My señora buys her food in the supermarket about two times a week. She doesn't go shopping with a specific meal or menu in mind.

How expensive?  Pilar has noticed the prices have increased

How much time?  She usually spends an hour and a half per day cooking!

Favorites food? Paella (mine too) -- **added note by me: this is a rice dish with fish and chicken and shrimp (in Spain, they like to keep the shell on the shrimp in order to lock in the flavor... I'm not a fan)

How did you learn to cook?  Pilar taught herself to cook!

Food television?  She only watches cooking shows sometimes **she is a big fan of drama and reality TV, just like me!

Adios!
Lia

1 comentario: