jueves, 15 de mayo de 2014

Yo Encontrada Granada's Tapas (Eminem watch out, Te Veo!)

If you talk to anyone in my 230 group, they'll tell you I am "el tapador". I like to think of myself as an aficionado in tapas (free appetizers that come with a drink in Granada), after only 4 days. I like to, but maybe my thoughts are a little out there. Seriously though, Granada has so much to offer it is ridiculous. It was a little difficult to adjust to the little things we take for granted in America at first, but after a couple days I now feel very comfortable in Granada. I didn't just find Granada's tapas, I found it's culture, it's people, it's food, it's drinks, and of course it's way of life (which is frickin' awesome).

My first impression of Granada is this, the way they live their life is genius. Almost everywhere closes in the middle of the day for "siesta" so families can have their biggest meal of the day for lunch. Yup, ya heard meh. Lunch is their biggest meal. The benefits for their metabolism are quite obvious, but it's more than that. They take a break during the day to spend time with the people that mean most to them, sus familias. I'm not going to sit here and compare Granada to the United States and rattle off superlatives for days, but I am seriously in love with this culture. Other than their siestas, I'm a big fan of tapas culture. I can order 2 cervezas and get two tapas for 4 Euros. Are ya kidding meh Baby Jesus?! Don't make me go back!

I'll leave you all with one of my favorite pictures from Spain so far. It was taken in Madrid, actually. We went to a large street market called El Rastro when we laid over before our flight to Granada. I can't take all the credit, as Patrick spotted this gem of a citizen. I call him, "hombre del banquillo" (Man of the Bench). 
P.S. - This was taken at 8 am...




1 comentario:

  1. Justin - it's tough to beat the 'tapas way of life'. It makes sense, tastes wonderful and is very social. What a great place to be!

    ResponderEliminar