jueves, 15 de mayo de 2014

First Impressions

I am not good at titles, so I decided to be very generic. So far my first impressions are very good. I love the food and the people, particularly my host family. My host sister is great and I find it very easy to talk to her since she is only 9. I look froward to having more free time to explore the city and see what it has to offer. I also love the food. I used to be rather picky but during the past year I have become what one would call a foody. The host family is great at understanding this and makes me many different types of typical dishes for lunch and dinner.

I have only had a few difficulties and one is definitely the accent. The family I live with talks very colloquially, often cutting off the end of words and conjugating things in ways that I do not recognize. Even though this is difficult for me I also think it will be a great help once I can understand them.

1 comentario:

  1. Grant - with each week, you'll pick up more and more. You're already off to a great start. Keep trying and you will be surprised by how much your Spanish improves over a month and a half.

    ResponderEliminar